Oscars 'won't have a host' following Kevin Hart scandal

Danny Woods
January 12, 2019

The 39-year-old Hart repeatedly reiterated to Strahan on Wednesday that he is "over" talking about his old tweets and said there would be "no more conversation about it".

"If it was five years ago, I could say something really offensive and amusing right now, but I can't do that anymore, so...heyyyy!" "I don't want people to think there's a thing about me and the Academy" - adding that he had no time to prepare. NOTHING. I work hard on a daily basis to spread positivity to all....with that being said.

The last time the Oscars went host-less was in 1989, where the award show was infamously opened up with a cringe-worthy opening song and dance, featuring Snow White.

Kevin Hart is moving on from the Oscars controversy, whether people like it or not. I am truly happy people....there is nothing that you can do to change that... "The Academy had been considering welcoming Hart back if he had used the opportunity in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres to demonstrate contrition for his anti-gay jokes and recommit to hosting the show", Variety reported today.

"The Oscars are poised to embark on one of the most radical reinventions in the awards show's long history", reports Variety. This will mark the first time in 30 years that the show has not secured a host. "It gets no more energy from me", Hart said. "But I don't believe in going backward".

The suspense is over - Kevin Hart isn't hosting the Oscars next month.

The Upside actor also extended an apology on his SiriusXM radio show Straight from The Hart, which airs on Monday night. I shouldn't have to prove who I am.

More news: Milwaukee bus driver rescues wandering toddler on freeway overpass

During the interview, Strahan pressed Hart to issue a message to parents who might have gay children.

Addressing the controversy over his did-he, didn't-he apology, Kevin continued: 'I say I'm done with it. I was going to say what the meme did and what damage it could do.

"The Academy never really axed him - they wanted him to apologize - he wouldn't, and then he was the one to drop out", the source said.

The last time the Oscars featured multiple hosts was in 2011, when James Franco and Anne Hathaway shared hosting duties.

Still, an Oscars with no host in 2019 is a novel-enough idea.

She implied they wanted Hart back, no matter what.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER