Mac Miller's death ruled accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol

Danny Woods
November 5, 2018

United States rapper Mac Miller died as a result of an accidental overdose involving cocaine, fentanyl and alcohol, a coroner has concluded. Investigators found Fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol in his system.

The publication reports a coroner categorised it as an accidental overdose.

LOS ANGELES, CA - OCTOBER 28: Mac Miller performs on the Camp Stage during day 1 of Camp Flog Gnaw Carnival 2017 at Exposition Park on October 28, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.

The department determined that McCormick's death was accidental - making him the latest in a string of overdose deaths involving the opioid fentanyl. During the 911 call, his assistant said that Miller was "blue".

More news: Blackpool boss Terry McPhillips reacts to the Seasiders' Carabao Cup exit

Miller also reportedly had a quarter-inch abrasion on the bridge of his nose with blood coming out of one nostril. It wasn't necessarily the amount of a certain drug over another that killed him, but the combination. A rolled $20 bill with "powdery residue" was found in the artist's right pocket. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Los Angeles County coroner's spokeswoman Sarah Ardalani said on September 10, 2018, that investigators have performed the autopsy and released the Miller's body to the family.

An empty bottle of alcohol was found on a nightstand near his bed.

A sweep of Miller's home also found Xanax, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, and generic Adderall.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER