Police brief media on Rite Aid facility shooting

Frederick Owens
September 22, 2018

At least three people were killed in a shooting Thursday at a Rite-Aid distribution center in Aberdeen, Maryland, according to media reports.

The shooting was carried out by a lone suspect, identified to be a female, who is in custody and in critical condition, police said.

Colleen Hendrickson, who lives and works in the area, said she was waiting on the bus when someone told her there had been a shooting nearby.

Moseley was once a security guard at the facility where the shooting occurred, a law enforcement official said.

"After re-entering the building, she continued shooting, striking the five additional victims", Harford Sherriff Jeff Gahler said in a press conference. A gunman who opened fire at a Middleton, Wisconsin, software company wounded three people and sent panicked office workers scrambling to safety on Wednesday before being fatally shot by police. Police said she would need to be diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder and would have had to shown a propensity of violence to herself or others before applying to purchase a firearm.

Susan Henderson, spokeswoman for the drugstore chain Rite Aid, described the building where the shooting took place as a support facility near a larger building.

"You can't have enough police, and you can't have them fast enough, Gahler said".

More news: Twitter reacts to Baker Mayfield balling out in National Football League debut

"The distribution centre is where products are received and processed for delivery".

It was not immediately clear whether anyone had been killed, and details of the incident remained largely unknown as of 11:30 a.m. EDT (1530 GMT). Moseley then went back into the building just before 8:55 a.m., and can be seen on surveillance video going back out of the building at 9:05 a.m.

"Our prayers are with all those impacted, including our first responders", Governor Larry Hogan wrote on Twitter.

The Rite Aid distribution center sits among a number of warehouses. "The State stands ready to offer any support", he tweeted.

The site is about an hour north of Annapolis, where almost three months ago a man armed with a shotgun attacked a newspaper office, killing five staff members. As she was on the phone with the TV station, she got a text from her mother indicating that she was okay.

Krystal Watson, 33, said her husband, Eric, worked at the facility and told her that the suspect had been arguing with somebody else after a "town hall meeting".

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article