Thai soccer team and coach to be discharged from hospital next week

Frederick Owens
July 14, 2018

When Volanthen, 50, arrived at Heathrow Airport in London later Thursday, he was greeted by reporters and cheered by people who recognized him.

Another diver, Jason Mallinson, 50, from Huddersfield, said the team left messages for the children as they flew back to the United Kingdom saying: "We're very glad we could get you out alive".

"We are planning the date and will do it whenever all the families are all ready", said Banphot.

He denied he was a hero and said he was using a "very unique skill set" to "give something back to the community". "It's quite the opposite". A rescue volunteer, former Thai navy SEAL Saman Kunan, died during the operation when he ran out of oxygen.

Two British divers found the boys and their coach on a ledge several kilometres inside the cave on Monday last week, nine days after they went missing.

Divers who rescued the Thai soccer team who were trapped in a cave first practiced on local children in a swimming pool. And then the miracle: they got out. "And so there was relief tempered with uncertainty".

Mr Stanton, from Coventry, spoke as he returned to the United Kingdom on Friday morning along with some of the other British divers who took part in the search and rescue mission.

More news: Chelsea's incredibly short send off to Antonio Conte

The mother of one of the rescued 12 Wild Boar footballers said she was very happy to be allowed to hug her son for the first time on Friday.

The 12 Thai schoolboys rescued from a cave this week were reportedly given a "small sedative" before they embarked on a rescue mission that continues to grab global headlines.

According to CNN, Thongchai Lertwilairattanapong, a Thai health department inspector, has said the boys were in fairly good condition given the circumstances and that their coach had looked after them well.

Harris also acknowledged the contribution of the many who were not directly involved with the diving operations, "swarms of men and women" from Thailand and the global community who provided "everything from catering, communications, media and of course the huge teams of workers filling the cave with tonnes and tonnes of equipment to try and lower the water and sustain the diving operations".

'The Thai authorities took a lot of steps to divert rivers on the mountain top which we believe bought us as lot of time to get this outcome, ' he said.

Rescuers pulled off the miraculous life-saving mission despite daunting odds over the course of three dramatic days, successfully completing the operation on Tuesday when the last four boys and their coach were removed from the cave.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article