McGregor Admits Regret As Court Date Lasts 45 Seconds

Danny Woods
June 15, 2018

McGregor and his legal team are said to be working on a plea agreement with the court and are due back on July 26.

McGregor apologised for his antics moments after leaving the Kings County Criminal Court, saying: "I regret my actions that led me here today". "I understand the seriousness of this matter, and I'm hopeful it gets resolved soon".

He allegedly attacked a bus full of fighters following a pre-fight press conference for what had been billed as a 13-bout UFC 223 match at the Barclays Center.

Now, RadarOnline can confirm, exclusively, that Conor McGregor is currently in negotiations with the Kings County District Attorney for a plea deal stemming from those charges.

The men marched into court in tight blue suits, and passed a gallery packed with reporters and other defendants waiting for their hearings. Audie Attar, his manager, said all talk of future fights will be put on hold until after the return to court next month. The Dublin native's next court date has been scheduled for July 26.

More news: Trump declares an end to the North Korean nuclear threat

McGregor faces up to seven years in prison if he's convicted on all counts at trial, per TMZ Sports. However, UFC president Dana White has recently stated that he will be meeting with the Irishman on June 18 to sort out his future with UFC once and for all.

White said McGregor had "some sort of beef" with Nurmagomedov.

McGregor was mad because the league chose to strip him of his lightweight championship title, according the New York Post.

McGregor hasn't fought in the octagon since November 2016 and hasn't fought at all since he stepped into the boxing ring with Floyd Mayweather last August.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER