Teen Girls Without IDs and Holding First Class Tickets Alarmed Employee

Gladys Abbott
February 19, 2018

"It seemed to me as if they were running away from home", Miracle said in the release, Sacramento Bee reported.

An American Airlines ticketing agent used her instincts to save two underage girls from getting lured into flying to NY to meet a man who had promised them jobs in modeling and entertainment industry.

According to American Airlines, the two teens - ages 15 and 17 - weren't with an adult, had no identification and had tickets that were flagged as fraudulent. I told a supervisor go to call the sheriff that it just doesn't feel right.

A man contacted the girls on social media and convinced them to board a plane on August 30, 2017 promising a high-paying modeling job.

The vigilant employee began to think something was seriously wrong when she noticed that the tickets, both first class, were purchased online with a credit card under a name that did not match what either of the teens had provided. In this photo, American Airlines signage is seen near the ticket counter in its terminal at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois, Dec. 10, 2004.

Sanderson said the girls told him that a man named Drey on Instagram hired them to do modeling work in some music videos and offered to fly them to NY. A sum of $2000 was promised as compensation.

She told them they would not be able to fly and then alerted the County Sheriff's Department.

More news: Fans removed from hockey game for remarks aimed at black player

"I'm proud of Denice and how she put her training into action to save these children", said General Manager Aleka Turner in a statement from American Airlines. Deputy Todd Sanderson said the girls had no clue that the man named Drey could be a fraud looking to sell them off into sex trafficking.

He had paid for the flights without telling the girls they were one-way flights and offered them $2500 to model and pose in some music videos.

"I fully believe she probably prevented these girls from becoming victims".

Sanderson reportedly got in contact with "Drey" but shortly after, he deleted all of his social media profiles. They said they would not have allowed that to happen, and the law enforcement official said they probably would not have had the choice.

It was also highly likely that the pictures Drey used in his social media account were faked, Sanderson said, making it harder for the police to positively identify him.

The two girls flew home with their parents on that Thursday. It's unlikely the man will be prosecuted over the incident.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article