Woman battling cancer gets married hours before passing away

Gwen Vasquez
January 3, 2018

David on December 23, 2015, planned on proposing to his love, but before he could Lindsay was handed a surprising diagnosis - a lump in her breast doctors had previously dismissed was cancerous.

Heather Mosher finally married the love of her life from her hospital bed just before Christmas after battling cancer for two years.

Heather Mosher, from CT, married her husband, David Mosher a few days before Christmas, after the couple brought the wedding forward out of fears Heather wouldn't make it to their planned ceremony on 30 December.

The TV station reports he set up the flawless proposal that night with a horse-led carriage ride. She proved them all wrong and that's what that photo says to me, ' David said.

She wrote in a separate post: "I am in awe of the strength Dave's love inspired in Heather even in her last hours".

"She's getting to shout from the rooftops that she loves Dave and is able to say 'I'm his wife, '" Karas said.

The vows were too tough for Karas to document, but the bridesmaid took her camera out towards the end, just in time to capture Heather's fleeting joy.

Heather admitted to Karas she feared not living until her big day and when her health took a turn, friends, family and doctors were quick to act.

"It was a miracle, " Karas told TODAY.

It was a wedding filled with equal amounts of joy and sorrow. "She just wanted it to be a celebration".

Heather and David met at a swing dance class in May 2015 and quickly became inseparable.

More news: Xiaomi Mi A1 started getting Android 8.0 Oreo in India

Lindsay, 31, was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago, New York Daily News reports.

Five days later, the couple found out Heather's cancer was triple negative, which is a rare and aggressive form of the disease.

The last words Heather uttered were her wedding vows. The doctors recommended the couple bring the wedding forward though. "The doctors even said 'we don't know how she's still here, '" David Mosher said.

"We were losing her as we were all standing there, thinking, to hold onto this, because this was the last she had to give", Karas said.

Unfortunately, Heather died shortly after saying "I do".

But by September 2017, the cancer spread.

"It reminds me of someone who is crossing the finish line of a marathon or something", David told WFSB.

'Nobody thought she would've made it that far. The vows were hard for Karas to document, but the bridesmaid took her camera out towards the end, just in time to capture Heather's fleeting joy, according to WFSB.

She wasn't expected to make it past October, but Heather had other plans.

The wedding was originally planned for December 30 but considering Lindsay's deteriorating health conditions, they pushed it to December 22. Her husband delivered a eulogy, and Karas also spoke about her friend.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article