Queen's bra fitter Rigby & Peller stripped of warrant

Danny Woods
January 12, 2018

Rigby & Peller said in a statement: "The Royal Household Warrants Committee has chose to cancel the royal warrant granted to Rigby & Peller and Mrs June Kenton".

She eventually sold it to Belgian lingerie company Van de Velde for £8million in 2011, but retained a seat on the board and continued to fit the Queen personally at least three times a year.

June Kenton said Rigby & Peller lost its right to display the royal coat of arms in 2017 after she mentioned the royals in Storm in a D-cup.

There are only about 800 royal warrants out there, with the Palace meticulously choosing suppliers that the royal family can trust.

Insisting it was a sweet story of a corsetiere, Mrs Kenton said: "I probably should have submitted it to them but I didn't think anything would be required".

Rigby & Peller confirmed the loss of the royal warrant.

'Unfortunately when we launched it, it was made out to be a kiss and tell, which it absolutely wasn't. "I can't fight with Buckingham Palace and I wouldn't want to", she said.

The warrants come up for review every five years and their renewal generally depends on how much the shop is being used by the Royal Family.

She also wrote about Princess Diana, saying she would accept posters showing models in lingerie and swimwear to give to princes William and Harry to hang up in their Eton rooms. "I had nothing more to say except "hello Your Majesty".

More news: Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner Halt Divorce Proceedings, Plan to Settle in Private

She insists her autobiography not a tell-all book, and said she even sent a copy to Buckingham Palace when the book was published previous year.

Kenton revealed how she carried out bra-fittings with the queen.

Rigby & Peller, which had held the royal warrant since 1960, said it was "deeply saddened" to confirm it had been cancelled.

Department store Harrods had its royal warrant withdrawn from the Duke of Edinburgh in 2000.

The Palace declined to comment on Thursday.

"However, the company will continue to provide an exemplary and discreet service to its clients", it said. She also references Diana, Princess of Wales.

Buckingham Palace, meanwhile, told the Express that it would "never comment on individual companies".

Now there are three people, known as the grantors, who may award them - the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, and the Prince of Wales.

Russell Tanguay, director of warrants at the Royal Warrant Holders Association, would not go into details about the decision on Rigby & Peller.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER