Indian forces well prepared to contain ceasefire violations

Frederick Owens
January 20, 2018

On January 18, two women were martyred and five people injured as a result of unprovoked Indian firing across the Working Boundary in Sialkot.

The media wing of military further said that Pakistani forces replied befittingly and destroyed a check post of Indian forces.

The ministry stressed that nine civilians had been killed by Pakistan on Thursday and Friday. The Indian envoy was told that despite calls for restraint, their security forces continue to indulge in ceasefire violations. "This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017 when the Indian forces committed more than 1900 ceasefire violations".

He was conveyed Government's grave concerns at the continued ceasefire violations and deliberate targeting of innocent civilians by Pakistan forces.

Indian forces well prepared to contain ceasefire violations

Faisal urged India to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement, investigate the ceasefire violations and instruct the forces to respect the ceasefire in letter to spirit and maintain peace on the LoC and the Working Boundary.

The Indian diplomat was told that deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas was indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, global human rights and humanitarian laws.

Amid heavy shelling by Pakistani forces on the border, Union minister Subhash Bhamre said today that Indian forces know "what to do" and are "well prepared" to contain any ceasefire violation in Jammu and Kashmir.

This is the second consecutive day when Pakistan Rangers heavily shelled civilian areas and border outposts (BoPs).

More news: Amazon Prime subscription monthly cost increased by $2

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER