Max Hospital: Newborn wrongly declared dead, dies a week after

Faith Castro
December 7, 2017

"However, we will not receive the body as we want the doctors of Max Hospital to be arrested first as they had declared our baby dead earlier".

Later, as the family was en route to a shmashāna - a Hindu cremation ground - for the baby boy, the parents felt "some movements" inside one of the polythene bags provided by the hospital, according to CNN. "They are yet to respond to either of the two notices", said Khan.

"While the inquiry by the expert group which includes external experts from IMA is still in process, we have chose to terminate the services of the two treating doctors, Dr".

An inquiry is underway, and if the doctors are charged and found guilty of attempted culpable homicide, they could face up to seven years in prison.

"While the inquiry by the expert group which includes external experts from the IMA is still in process, we have made a decision to terminate the services of two treating doctors, Dr AP Mehta and Dr Vishal Gupta in the case relating to the twin extreme pre-term babies", Max Healthcare had said in a statement.

"We are shaken and concerned at this rare incident", the hospital said. "We are in constant touch with the parents and are providing all the support needed".

More news: Duke Energy warns of possible data breach via leak by PayPal unit

"He is on ventilator support, nutrition support and other supports". "He was unable to keep his vitals up", Gupta said. Family members are unsure if the newborn will survive. We don't trust the doctors there.

An inquiry into the incident is underway, with four medical staff who were allegedly part of the team that declared the baby dead being questioned on Monday.

A BABY woke up at its own funeral after being declared dead by medics in India.

Two Indian physicians have lost their jobs after a baby they declared dead last week was found to be alive shortly not long before he was supposed to be buried.

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal took to Twitter to confirm an investigation was underway while the state Health Minister Satyendar Jain described the incident as "shocking criminal negligence". Video from the hospital also was being reviewed, police said.

On December 2, Delhi Health Minister Satyender Jain said the hospital's licence could be cancelled if a probe found it guilty of medical negligence.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER