Kevin Spacey Under Investigation for Second Assault Claim in Britain

Danny Woods
November 23, 2017

"On Friday, November 17, a further allegation was made about the same man".

Scotland Yard is investigating a new allegation of sexual assault made against Kevin Spacey.

The American actor is facing numerous claims of sexual assault and harassment, as part of a broader scandal in Hollywood sparked by allegations against mogul Harvey Weinstein.

The news comes after the Old Vic theatre, where Spacey served as artistic director between 2004 and 2015, published the results of an internal inquiry into claims that Spacey had harassed and assaulted staff members there.

"It is alleged a man assaulted another man (Victim 1) in 2008 in Lambeth".

Scotland Yard has opened another investigation of Kevin Spacey.

More news: Shop our local businesses first

Officers from the child abuse and sexual offences command are investigating the allegations.

Eight people have claimed that Spacey sexually harassed House of Cards employees during his time on the set, including one who he allegedly sexually assaulted.

The name of the accuser is presently unknown - he is identified only as Victim 2. In its statement last week, the theater said it had received no complaints of inappropriate behavior during his actual tenure.

Kate Varah, the Old Vic's executive director, issued an apology on November 16 to the alleged victims. He has denied allegations of assault, but said he is now seeking "evaluation and treatment" of his behavior.

The former House of Cards star's reputation took a hammering last month (Oct17) after actor Anthony Rapp accused the Oscar victor of making inappropriate advances towards him when he was just 14, in 1986.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER