Clyne out until 2018 after back surgery

Lynette Rowe
November 15, 2017

Liverpool full back Nathanial Clyne is facing a further three months on the sidelines after undergoing an surgery on his injury.

Clyne has not played since sustaining the injury in pre-season and was ruled out for "a significant period of time" by the club, with no return date specified.

Clyne is now expected to be out until February when Klopp, who has previously said the injury was not a "big problem", anticipates he will be back in his first team squad.

Liverpool have missed Clyne's influence at the back with youngsters Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold filling in at right-back.

He will also be hoping to make Gareth Southgate's England squad for next summer's World Cup in Russian Federation. Hot on the heels of returning to action in the 4-1 win over West Ham United, the 25-year played his part as Senegal qualified for their first World Cup in 18-years - an outing that left his long-term fitness in question.

More news: Brookfield Property Confirms $14.8 Billion Offer To Buy Remainder of GGP

"He was in a good way and then had a little setback".

Klopp had also asserted that Clyne would miss out on the matches in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League.

"Obviously it is a concern that the hamstring injury is again on the agenda and it will be critical for us to monitor and manage that in the coming days", Klopp said.

"There has been really strong communication between ourselves and the Senegal team management to ensure the player is properly protected and looked after".

The back problem has persisted and the England global recently suffered a setback in his injury comeback.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER