Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: Naby Keita? I'm relaxed

Lynette Rowe
July 20, 2017

"We pretty much have all what you need, but at the end it is still business, whether you have the money", said Klopp, who recently saw a £57 million bid for Keita rejected. No way! He still has a contract and he will also be able to do it. Like I said: To sell him would not only be evidence that we don't have belief to our fans but also send the wrong signal for our other players, like Timo Werner for instance.

The sporting director's position was echoed by their owner Dietrich Mateschitz, who told German publication Bild there is "no way" Keita will be allowed to leave during this window.

Michael Owen reckons Liverpool are just days away from announcing the signing of Naby Keita - and believes their signing of Mohamed Salah gives their attack real "potency". It remains to be seen whether the Merseyside club will come back with a third offer. You say "here is the money", but they say to you "I don't want to sell the car".

Sportsmail understands that the Merseysiders are set to further test the Bundesliga club's resolve with a third offer for the 22-year-old Guinea global - who is their top target this summer and who wants to move to the club. However, recent reports suggest that Klopp is desperate to boost his defence and has made Van Dijk his top priority. "If a good player is there and you can have him and he costs a little bit but you have to pay it, then that's how it is", said Klopp of the 19-year-old.

More news: Woman found guilty of killing husband in murder witnessed by parrot

The Guinea global is keen on a move to Anfield and has made that clear to his current club.

After what happened last month, there's no chance of the Saints giving Liverpool an easy time where negotiations are concerned.

However, Bayern have publicly claimed that Muller is a part of their plans. This is not a matter of discussion.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER