Second Aussie killed in London attack

Danny Woods
June 8, 2017

ANOTHER VICTIM OF the London terror attack has been named.

"We're en route to London, my sister Christine Delcros and her boyfriend Xavier Thomas have been victims of the #attack #London #londonattack on the #londonbridge".

Other victims include Canadian Christine Archibald, who was on the bridge with her fiancé Tyler Ferguson when she was hit by the van.

"As she ran towards danger, in an effort to help people on the bridge, Kirsty sadly lost her life", her family said in a statement.

Pri Goncalves said on Facebook she was the last person to see her, writing: "I called her a lot of times but she never picked up the phone".

"While our pain will never diminish, it is important for us all to carry on with our lives in direct opposition to those who wish to destroy us and remember that hatred is the refuge of small-minded individuals", Melissa McMullan told Sky News television.

A woman named Tara who identified herself as Sara Zelenak's aunt said the family is "bracing for the worst".

Sara had been missing since the appalling attack on Saturday night in which 8 people are now confirmed dead.

Vincent Le Berre, a manager at the restaurant, told Le Telegramme: "I managed to escape him, but my friend Alexandre did not have that chance".

Sara Zelenak, 21, was said to have been working in London as an au pair, caring for two young boys.

French chef Sebastien Belanger, 36, was identified by family members as a victim of the attack after several days of frantic searches, according to reports.

He died after being slashed in the neck at Boro Bistro, a popular hangout near Borough Market for London's many French residents.

Alexandre Pigeard had spent nine months living in London, improving his English and enjoying the city's culture, his father said.

Missing Australian woman Kirsty Boden feared dead in London attacks
Candice Hedge was stabbed in the throat

French media have reported that his family are travelling to London on Wednesday to identify a body which is believed to be his.

Ignacio Echeverria, a 39-year-old Spanish banker, also remains missing after trying to help a woman injured in the vicinity of Borough Market, his father said, based on the account of a friend of Echeverria's who was at the scene.

The family of South Australian nurse Kirsty Boden has already spoken of losing their daughter while Ms Zelenak's mother Julie Wallace spoke to Brisbane radio station 97.3fm about the sense of terror she felt when told her daughter was missing.

The names of the two victims have not been officially released, although the family of one - nurse Kirsty Boden, 28, from South Australia - has confirmed her death.

She is thought to have become separated from her friends on Saturday night as they ran for their lives. "Her heart and spirit will live on in all of us".

It is understood Ms Boden is the previously unidentified Australian that Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull referred to during a press conference earlier today.

The three terrorists were quickly shot dead by police.

"As a family we are shocked and appalled by the actions of Khuram and his associates", his family said in a statement on Wednesday.

Her father, Mark Wallace, shared a video of his daughter and wrote: "I really miss that amusing little laugh". "Kirsty - we love you and we will miss you dearly". The son's employer, HSBC, has provided the services of a private detective to help in the hunt for information.

"My brother Ignacio tried to stop some terrorists and lost his life trying to save others", she wrote on Facebook. "He is in heaven with his inseparable skateboard".

Ms Delcros was seriously injured when she was struck by the van, while witnesses accounts suggest Mr Thomas was thrown into the River Thames by the impact, Scotland Yard said.

James McMullan, 32, from Hackney, was last seen outside the Barrowboy And Banker pub and his sister said police have told her his bank card was found on a body at the scene of the attack. The force says formal identification has not yet taken place, but Xavier Thomas' next of kin have been informed.

More news: 'The Mummy' Director Talks Other Dark Universe Movies Being Planned

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article