British police seize a car as part of Manchester attack investigation

Gwen Vasquez
June 5, 2017

The latest arrest occurred in the Rusholme area of south Manchester, which has become a focus for police tracking the movements of Salman Abedi, the suicide bomber who killed 22 people at the Manchester Arena.

Police investigating the Manchester suicide bombing have seized a vehicle which is believed to be "significant" to the case.

The man was arrested in the inner-city Manchester neighborhood of Rusholme.

They say that leaves 11 men in custody for questioning.

British authorities earlier said that 22-year-old Salman Abedi, who was born in Britain, had executed the bombing on May 22, resulting in the deaths of 22 concert-goers and 119 injuries.

Detective Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson, head of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit, said: "This is potentially a significant development in the investigation".

More news: No more resting on defense for LeBron James

Police said the Royal Manchester Infirmary remained open but people were evacuated from Ronald McDonald House, which provides accommodation for families of patients at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital.

Abedi likely received some ISIS training in the months before the attack, a USA official told CNN last week, citing information gathered in the preliminary investigation.

A source said Abedi was connected to the ISIS-affiliated Katibat al-Battar al-Libi - a group believed to have perpetrated horrific attacks in Paris that left 129 people dead.

CCTV images have been released showing Abedi hauling a blue suitcase in the days leading up to the bombing.

A further six people who were arrested since the attack on May 22 have been released without charge.

Meanwhile, a tribute concert has been held for victims of the Manchester attack.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER