Australian Sara Zelenak confirmed dead in London terror attack

Frederick Owens
June 8, 2017

The 28-year-old's family said she died running towards the carnage, trying to help victims who had been mowed down by the van or stabbed.

They added: "We are so proud of Kirsty's fearless actions which demonstrate how selfless, caring and heroic she was, not only on that night, but throughout all of her life".

"She was the most outgoing, kind and generous person", her family said. "Helping people was what she loved to do in her job as a nurse and in her daily life", her family, who have asked for privacy, said in a statement.

Sara Zelenak is being remembered as a lovely, joyful and "remarkable" young woman by her loved ones after the Brisbane woman became the second Australian confirmed dead following the London terror attacks.

The family statement said: "Sara's family and friends are devastated".

Redland City Council held a minute's silence for Ms Zelenak, 21, and her family at its general meeting on Wednesday morning, with Cleveland's Cr Peter Mitchell saying the family had lived in the district about 20 years.

Ms Gonçalves added that it was the scariest moment of her life and that she thought she was going to die.

It was unclear if Ms Boden was hurt on the bridge or when the three men in the van went on a stabbing rampage in nearby Borough Market before they were shot dead by police.

"In a split second his entire life was ripped away from him".

"I have no words".

"You would be so overwhelmed by the love from everyone and probably be very salty from the dorky pictures we have together that are all over the world".

'You bought so much joy into our lives, to me an Bea for so long and also to Mum and Dad, who took you under their wing like no other. My thoughts are with Kirsty's family and friends, as well as her colleagues at Guy's Hospital and the rest of the trust, through this unimaginably hard time. "He was an inspiration". "They found her body".

More news: Comey, Russia will take lead during Wednesday FISA hearing

Another French citizen, Sébastien Belanger, of Angers, is also missing.

Another Australian woman, Sara Zelenak, has been reported missing since the attack.

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said he had spoken with the familes of Ms Zelenak and Ms Boden.

"Sara Zelenak is confirmed dead, they found her body & has DNA tests confirmed".

"I have emergency over here guys!"

James McMullan, 32, from east London, had been drinking at a pub with friends when he temporarily stepped out to get some air, just before the attack began.

Xavier Thomas and his girlfriend, Christine Delcros, are said to have both been victims.

Ms Hedge required surgery and Mr Morrison required stitches.

After meeting up with her family, Sara was due to go on a Contiki trip around Europe, before coming home on August 8.

Family members have appealed on social media to trace Spaniard Ignacio Echeverria.

British police have named the third London Bridge attacker at 22-year-old Youssef Zaghba, believed to be an Italian national of Moroccan descent.

"I can not put into words how sad I am that we have lost one of our own", said Dame Eileen.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER