Brother, Father of Alleged Manchester Bomber Arrested in Libya

Danny Woods
May 25, 2017

"In any case, the links with Daesh are proven", Collomb said, using another term for the Islamic State group.

A picture released by British authorities of Salman Abedi, the suspect behind a suicide bombing that ripped into young fans at an Ariana Grande concert at the Manchester Arena on May 22, 2017.

"We have evidence that he is involved in Daesh (Islamic State) with his brother".

Ramadan Abedi fled to the U.K.in the early 1990s to escape the regime of Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi, according to The Guardian.

The father also confirmed to AP that his other son, Ismail, had been arrested.

Police are examining a package he had with him as he was arrested.

They were detained after police executed warrants in south Manchester.

More news: Football Association launch betting probe into John Terry substitution

"I would go not only because I paid for those tickets, but because a concert is where people let themselves go and have fun", Gandy, who lives in London, said in a telephone interview. We are with you Manchester.

USA rock group Blondie cancelled a London performance scheduled a day after the attack, while British band Take That postponed shows at the Manchester Arena and in Liverpool this week.

The official threat level in Britain was raised late on Tuesday for the first time in a decade to its highest level, "critical", meaning an attack could be imminent.

The pop star's shows on her Dangerous Woman tour were cancelled through June 5 in London, Antwerp, Belgium, Lodz, Poland, Frankfurt, Germany, and Zurich.

Her management said in a statement: 'Due to the tragic events in Manchester the Dangerous Woman tour with Ariana Grande has been suspended until we can further assess the situation and pay our proper respects to those lost. "It will not prevent us going about our daily lives or derail our democratic process", Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said in a statement. Their father, 51-year-old Ramadan Abedi, was also arrested in Libya on Wednesday.

Some bands - including Blondie and Take That - canceled shows after the blast but representatives for several music acts - including Celine Dion, Shawn Mendes, Guns N' Roses and Phil Collins - said they will honor their European dates this summer.

There has been no word on the six-date tour of Australia and New Zealand scheduled for September.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER