Aid group says Cameroon expelling refugees to Nigeria

Alvin Kelly
April 20, 2017

Defence Minister, Mansur Dan Ali, has said it might take years to find all the Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014.

Troops of 3 Battalion, 22 Brigade Nigerian Army on Operation Lafiya Dole, assisted by 10 Civilian JTF based on information received, on Monday embarked on an offensive on suspected location of Boko Haram terrorists at Jarawa general area, Kala Balge Local Government Area of Borno State.

In his statement to mark the abduction's anniversary, President Muhammed Buhari pledged that his administration will do everything possible to ensure the freedom of the girls.

A woman was killed and three girls were abducted in the attack, which was also attributed to Boko Haram.

Sheikh Nuru Khalid, a member of a group that works on peacemaking between Nigerian Christians and Muslims says not finding the missing girls would mean an overall victory for the Boko Haram.

More news: Lana Del Rey feat. The Weeknd - 'Lust for Life'

Mr. Biya, who has been in power for 35 years has never visited Cameroon's far north and the terrorists may have wanted to cash into pent up anger already rising against a leader who spends months at his intercontinental hotel in Europe while his country is on fire.

Human rights lawyer Abdu Bulama Bukar told VOA Hausa that the government needs to address the psychological trauma suffered by the families of the missing girls and other victims of Boko Haram brutality.

NAIJ.com recalls that President Buhari had revealed during the three years anniversary of the girls' abduction that his government is now negotiating with the Boko Haram insurgents for the release of the remaining Chibok girls. "Homeowners are without shelter", he said.

The medical charity said Wednesday its teams have observed refugees being returned to Nigeria several times last year and this year.

Other reports by LeisureTravelAid

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER